Sunday, October 24, 2010

Silver Trees

Hello everyone,

I just hate it when I misplace a challenge. Every day I go through a number of blog challenges and when I find a particularly appealing one, I put it on my list. Every once in a while though, I miss something or start a card without posting it. Today's card started as a green and silver challenge one day last week. I can't remember which blog and when I went looking, I just couldn't find it. I still loved the idea though and the card still fits any number of challenges, including, today's Paper Players recipe challenge (one designer paper, one punch and one sentiment), Friday's Frosted Designs challenge was to use die cuts, the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge was winter wonderland and the Paper Garden Projects is looking for holiday cards.

The background paper (perfect for a green and silver challenge) is from the dollar store. The trees in Canford Silver and Stampin' Up Whisper White, were cut with Spellbinders Shapeabilities Nested Pine Trees and textured with Cuttlebug's Winter Wonderland. The ribbon is Shimmering Crystal from Michael's. The sentiment is Close To My Heart Christmas Scripts. The entire card is highlighted with silver Stickles.

I love this card. It is so cool and fresh, the photo really doesn't do it justice. I'm really glad I went ahead with this card even though I misplaced the original challenge. With so many challenges each day, it will always be tough to keep track of them all. There will always be a new and appealing challenge tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

9 comments:

  1. AAhhhhh another Dollar store girl! I LOVE IT! I may as well buy shares, I'm there so darn much! Your trees are perfect! Card is cute. Thanks so much for showing us YOUR WINTER WONDERLAND creation at Fussy & Fancy! Happy Holidays!!! Hugs- Corry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty! I love the silver and green together! Such beautiful ribbon, too! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color combo - and I love all the texture. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Garden Projects 4th Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! I love all the embossing!! Thanks for your kind words you left on the Frosted Designs blog!! And we are glad that we could help you dust off those die cuts!!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Green and silver look great together! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, very pretty. The embossing is amazing. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Garden Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and elegant card!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So elegant! Love silver on holiday cards! Thanks for playing along at Paper Garden Projects!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. silver tress look stunning on card with printed ribbon.
    plastic discount card
    PVC cards

    ReplyDelete