Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Crafty Valentine

Hello everyone,

As much as I love doing Christmas cards, and have vowed to keep at them, Valentines Day is fast approaching and I need to build up the stash. I found a new blog challenge for today's card, City Crafter provided a great sketch that I used as a jumping off point.

The background paper is Making Memories Love Struck. The ribbon is from American Crafts which is layered on a strip of Stampin' Up Rose Red. The image is TPC Studio Hugs & Kisses stamped on Very Vanilla and layered on a scrap of Rose Red. The heart is Sizzix Embosslits Scalloped Heart of Hearts in Very Vanilla. The brad is Recollections. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Short & Sweet.

I'm pretty pleased with this first Valentine of the year. I used a couple of leftover elements from last year with a sketch that brought is all together easily. I really love the business of the background paper, it really reminds me of a patchwork quilt which fits the 'crafty' aspect of the card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

6 comments:

  1. Glad you found us ... this is such a lovely card ... thank you for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... so sweet, glad you found us and share this beautiful card with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of love going on in this card!

    Love the bp and the embossed heart.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful card.. So many wonderful things to look at! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fantabulous! I'm lovin' all the hearts! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A full of love card. I love it.
    Creatively done.
    Thanks for this post, this is an inspiration.


    Seattle Real Estate | Alaska Fishing Lodge

    ReplyDelete