Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year

Hello everyone,

I know it's been a while since I've posted but I've not even made a card since New Year's Eve. I came down with kidney stones in the early hours of the new year and it's taken me a week to get it together. I never want to go through that again as long as I live.

I am still so not done with crafting Christmas cards so that is what's on tap for today's card. I used today's Stars and Stamps sketch to get started.


The card base is from Recollections. The paper is all Little Yellow Bicycle 25 Days of Christmas. The sentiment is Papertrey Ink Signature Christmas. The sticker is Hot Off The Press Elegant Holly.

I just love the Little Yellow Bicycle paper. It really is a joy to use and is so rich and elegant, a card comes together easily. I picked up these sentiment stamps because I've seen Susan Raihala use them on her Simplicity blog and just love them.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

4 comments:

  1. this is such a beautiful card! you're right... the colors are so rich and elegant!

    Hope you're feeling better... watched my 19 yr old daughter struggle with kidney stones... not fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are on the mend, Gisele! This card is very pretty and a creative spin on the sketch! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What elegant patterned paper. A nice holiday card.

    ReplyDelete