Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thinking of You

Hello everyone,

I found out today that one of my nieces, who has a compromised immune system, is in the local children's hospital battling the flu. I just had to make her a card that I hope will cheer her up, if only a little. I used today's Inspirational Card Sketches challenge as a starting point and combined it with My Time To Craft's 'spots and dots' challenge.


The background paper is BasicGrey Lemonade layered on Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight. The sticker is Bazzill Basics Little Girl Chip Toppers. The two rectangular elements are scraps of Certainly Celery and Rose Red which have been textured with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots dry embossing folder. The sentiment is of unknown origin but probably Studio G. The embellishments are also of unknown origin but possibly Making Memories which are attached to a scrap of Shimmery White. The entire card is highlighted with Diamond Stickles.

I really like this card. It is bright and cheerful and perfect for a really ill little girl. I really like how well elements from so many different companies combined so wonderfully. This is why I love cardmaking!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

6 comments:

  1. Very cute, I love the different shades of pink you used on this card. Thanks for joining us at IC sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and very bright and cheerie. Hope all goes ok for your niece. Many thanks for joining us at ICS this week. Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! I love that you flipped the sketch and added some fun embossing! Glad you joined us at Inspirational Card Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this turned out quite lovely. I thank your niece is just going to love this. Nice job using the sketch over at ICS. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, lovely image. Thanks for sharing at MTTC this week. Hope your niece is soon on the mend.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, thank you for playing along at ICS this week!
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete