Monday, April 18, 2011

Asian Sympathy

Hello everyone,

Today's card is for a colleague. Her Vietnamese grandfather passed away last week and I wanted to make her a special card.

The background layer is DCWV Far East Stack layered on Stampin' Up Night of Navy. The image, Gina K Block Greetings, is stamped on Whisper White in Night of Navy and layered on Close To My Heart Twighlight and more Night of Navy. The embellishments are Close To My Heart Pearl Opaques and Recollections Rhinestone Stickers.

I had not yet put away the scrap of DCWV paper as I had intended to use it when I crafted the Asian inspired cards in March. I love this card. The paper is very subtly Asian and the blues and greens are so soothing. I wasn't certain about this particular image but I felt it somewhat mirrored the centers of the DCWV paper. Regardless, I think this works.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment: