Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bahamian Butterfly

Hello everyone,

Another in the Canada/Bahamas inspired series. I have to say, I had doubts when I first thought of this series of cards as no two country colours could be more diametrically different. I'm sure having a lot of fun playing with colours I would not normally use and I think the cards are coming together beautifully.

The background paper is Cosmo Cricket DeLovely. The butterfly, Technique Tuesday BoHo Buzz is stamped in Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise on Whisper White and layered on Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black. The image is highlighted with Sakura's Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. The sentiment is Gina K Block Greetings. The embellishments are Buttercup Oregon Raindrops.

I love this really cheerful card. The yellow and turquoise make for a really compelling colour combination. I don't often use yellow, in fact, have to be forced to use it as I find it rather difficult to work with. These cards are however teaching me to explore something new.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment