Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Birthday

Happy Easter everyone,

I almost didn't craft a card today. We're in the middle of redecorating my daughter's room and painting while doing laundry is a real energy depleter. I only sat down at my desk to see what was happening in the blogosphere and I SPI'd some new stamps that arrived in the mail a couple of weeks ago. Before I knew it, I had stamped one on a scrap piece of paper that was lying on my desk - I just wanted to see the stamp inked. Then I decided to look at the BasicGrey paper that arrived with the stamp order. Before I knew it, I had a card.

The card layers are Stampin' Up Old Olive, Whisper White and BasicGrey Hello Luscious. The sentiment is Penny Black Special Time stamped in Nick Bantock Vermillion Lacquer on Whisper White and layered on Old Olive.

A very, very simple card but quite lovely if I do say so myself. I usually would have reserved this colour palette for Christmas cards but the Vermillion Lacquer (isn't that a great name) was on the top of the ink pad pile. This simple, simple layout was perfect for my low mojo tonight and I give thanks to BasicGrey for producing such wonderful paper that allow cards to come together so easily.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment