Friday, April 15, 2011

So Much Love

Hello everyone,

I'm helping a friend of mine put together a Mother's Day project for her daughter's students and today's card is a sample from a sketch she found on the web. I wanted to be able to show what a card could look like using the sketch, keeping in mind the abilities of 10 and 11 year old girls.

The paper is BasicGrey June Bug and Stampin' Up Wild Wasabi and Very Vanilla. The image is Gina K Botanicals stamped in Wild Wasabi. The sentiment is Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings stamped in Nick Bantock Deep Turquoise. The ribbon is Michael's Special Value. The embellishments are Kaisercraft Pearls.

I think this is a great card. While not necessarily specific to Mother's Day, it certainly would work. I love the blues and greens as well as the little bit of sparkle provided by the ribbon and pearls. For my friend's project, I think everything will hinge on the patterned paper she chooses and those options are limitless. Once that choice is made, it will be a simple matter (LOL) of choosing a solid paper for layering, coordinating ribbon and some embellishments. I'll be sure to get a photo so everyone can see the final project.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Wanted to thank you for all your help with this project. Not sure this comment will get posted. I've tried a few times before and am having some difficulties. I'm sure the girls will love their paper crafting experience. I'll try to take some pictures (not always allowed). I'll see you on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete