Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Holly Branch

Hello everyone,

Nothing is more frustrating than having your inspiration dry up five days into a month-long challenge. Today's card was a struggle from the get-go and if I wasn't so stubborn I likely would have begged off.

The card base is from Recollections. The patterned paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Real Red. The focal images are Starform holly stickers affixed to vellum and coloured with Faber-Castell markers. The sentiment is Annabelle Stamps Holly Branch.

In the final analysis, I love this card! I'm still determined to use up my scrap Christmas paper but this was one frustrating card to craft. It is actually my third attempt which was really annoying because I so love this holly paper that I use it very sparingly and I ruined a really good sized piece. I think keeping it really simple was what finally got this card crafted.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment