Friday, July 29, 2011

Ornamental Christmas

Hello everyone,

Today's card continues with a) 'Christmas in July' challenge; b) BasicGrey Jovial Christmas Tree paper project; and c) copper foil.


The background paper is a combination of Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy and Always Artichoke. The BasicGrey Jovial Christmas Tree is applied horizontally and alternating with Copper Tool Craft Foil that was textured with a Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland dry embossing folder. The focal ornament is a Spellbinders Nestabilities 2010 Heirloom ornament in Copper Tool Craft Foil and Stampin' Up More Mustard. The copper layer was textured with a Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland dry embossing folder and smooshed with Ranger Adirondack Espresso, Oregano, Gold Mixative and Pearl Mixative alcohol ink. The More Mustard layer was also textured with a Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland dry embossing folder. The ribbon is from Offray.

I was so happy with yesterday's card that my mind just ran amok with ideas. This particular ornament is exactly what I pictured in my mind and I think it is gorgeous. I'm not certain about the More Mustard layer but I wanted a paper that would highlight the copper, not blend in. I didn't use a sentiment on the outside because I felt that there was enough going on with this card and it just didn't need any more. I've added a simple Merry Christmas on the inside.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment