Thursday, January 5, 2012

Butterfly Beauty 7

Hello everyone,

Today I'm posting card seven in this latest one sheet wonder series. It's come about in the most strange way and I'm not all that certain it was a good thing.


The printed paper is K&Company SW Nature Butterfly. The solid paper is Stampin' Up More Mustard texture with Darice Butterflies in Corner embossing folder and highlighted with LuminArte Mango Mamba Twinkling H2Os. The sentiment is Gina K Follow Your Dreams. The embellishments are K&Company SW Nature Butterfly pillow stickers.

I really wanted to let go of my penchant to avoid crafting cards non-square/rectangle cards. After the challenges of yesterday's card it was time to step out of the box. On top of it all, I so love this printed paper I decided to do some online research and low and behold, I found that I already had the coordinating stickers. What better inspiration to try something different. Though I love the idea of using triangles, I think the More Mustard triangle doesn't have the proper angles so it looks especially wonky thus making the sentiment wonky too. I tried to balance things with the stickers but I don't think I was all that successful. This certainly isn't the worst card I've ever made but I don't know if it will make it in the gift packs I'm planning.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Wrong Gisele. I think this is a great card. Sometimes you have to let go of conventions and think outside the box. You certainly did that and I really like it. Wonky is not necessarily bad. Some people look for wonky. You get an A from me. Luckie

    ReplyDelete