Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sparkling For You

Hello everyone,

I've been having a bit of a rough time which I'm sure you've figured since I've not posted anything for the past three days.  I've not been feeling all that well because my eyesight has been causing me problems.  It's getting time for granny glasses.  It's pretty hard to be creative when you're having sight problems.  I'm hoping the issue will get resolved soon.

I'm still working on a series of cards for my father's home care worker.  She likes sparkles and bright colours and I think she'll love today's card.


The printed paper is American Crafts Orchid Spring POW Glitter Paper layered on Recollections White and Stampin' Up Pale Plum.  The sentiment, Penny Black Special Time, is stamped in Nick Bantock Charcoal Grey on Recollections White and layered on Pale Plum.  The sentiment was highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Bitty Sparkles.

I picked this paper up when I was in Montreal in the Fall, shopping with a card making kindred spirit.  I picked up a few different sheets of this type of paper but never got around to using it.  I don't know why I waited so long because it was a dream to use!  I purposefully kept the layout simple because I really wanted to highlight the paper.  It worked so well I can't wait to pull out the other sheets and see what I can do.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment