Monday, May 14, 2012

Birthday Blossoms

Hello everyone,

It appears that all the Mother's Day cards were a hit - lots of smiles and even a few tears.  I love happy tears!  Today's birthday card is for a colleague's mother.  She cried when she got her Mother's Day card so, not being sure I could beat that, I've gone in a bit of a different direction.


The printed paper is BasicGrey Piccadilly layered on Stampin' Up More Mustard.  The image is Gina K Friends Are Forever stamped on Whisper White and layered on More Mustard.  The image was coloured with Tombow markers before being stamped.  The sentiment is Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings stamped in Old Olive on Whisper White and layered on More Mustard.  The embellishments are Multicrafts Keepsakes Memories.

I know this mom likes green and gardens.  I turned to my trusty stash of BasicGrey papers to craft this vintage-feel card.  I liked the washed out minty green of the background.  I would not normally have paired this BasicGrey with More Mustard but each petal in the flowers has just a wee dot of a mustardy-oranage.  Once I pulled it together, it did take me a while, I just loved how it worked together.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment