Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wedding Shower

Hello everyone,

Today's card is for the soon-to-be daughter-in-law of my best friend.  The shower is coming up and for some reason, I got it in my head that I needed to crafts a card that was the polar opposite of the invitation that I helped design.


The papers are BasicGrey Lauderdale and Stampin' Up Night of Navy and Whisper White.  The sentiment is American Crafts Wedding stamped in Night of Navy.  The ribbon is Michael's Special Value.  The embellishments are from Multicrafts.

I don't know if I really like this card or not.  The BasicGrey paper, though it speaks somewhat to their wedding colours may be just a little to informal for this card.  I spruced it up with the navy and gold ribbon.  I do really like the embellishments.  If I had to do it over, I think I'd choose a more formal printed paper.  That being said, this is a shower card, not a wedding card.  It is different and more modern, with a few hits of traditional, and I think that works for this young couple.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment