Monday, June 4, 2012

Special Birthday Wishes

Hello everyone,

Today's card is for a colleague who was looking for something special for her sister's upcoming 40th birthday.  I often do custom cards and quite enjoy it however, this exchange was all done via email and she gave me nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  I don't know what colours her sister like or dislikes, I don't know if she's really girly, vintage, chic or a tomboy.  Pretty challenging so what I decided to do was to make four really different cards from which she can choose something appropriate.


The background paper is Stampin' Up Perfect Plum which was textured with Couture Creations Drink Me embossing folder then painted with LuminArte English Lavender Twinkling H2Os.  The printed paper is BasicGrey Kioshi.  The sentiment is from Verve stamped in Early Espresso on Whisper White.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Bitty Sparkles.

I really like this card.  The flowers on the Kioshi paper really lent to adding just a titch of bling.  I didn't originally intend to paint the inside of all the circles on Perfect Plum layer but once I started, I couldn't stop.  The shimmer just makes me happy.  I don't know if I'd exactly call it chic but it sure is pretty.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card! Holy cow! You painted inside all the circles! You did a great job with that. I have a hard time painting with H2Os, everything streaks so I would never attempt such a large area, but dang, you did it and did it well.

    ReplyDelete