Sunday, March 10, 2013

Scraps of Thanks

Hello everyone,

Today's card is for another of the young ladies that helped with the Crop.


The printed paper is BasicGrey Out Of Print layered on Stampin' Up Lucky Limeade, more Out Of Print and So Saffron.  The top Lucky Limeade scrap was punched with Martha Stewart Infinite Loops Punch.  The brads are Crafts, coloured with a Pink Sharpie and highlighted with White Opal Liquid Pearls.  The sentiment is Verve Celebration of Thanks stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.

Once again, I was in the mood for something Spring-inspired and feminine.  I used only scraps from my bin for this card.  I bought the brads at the Dollar store and have some really terrible inserts.  I remove the inserts (they're easy to peel off), colour with a Sharpie and cover them with the Liquid Pearls.  The pink bleeds through a bit, adding a pink shimmer to the brads.  These are so much nicer than the originals.  Versatile too, as I can tailor them to coordinate with anything.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment