Saturday, March 16, 2013

Simple Season's Greetings

Hello everyone,

Today I'm posting the fifth card in this Christmas One Sheet Wonder series.


The card base is Bazzill Basics 1023 White.  The printed paper is of unknown origin which is layered on Stampin' Up Garden Green.  The sentiment is Impression Obsession Christmas Sentiments stamped in Real Red on Bazzill Basics 1023 White and layered on a flower punched from Real Red.  The card is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

For someone who is rather adverse to non-square shapes, I really pushed my boundaries with a triangle and a circle on one card.  Actually, it didn't really stress me all that much.  I like how the circle provides some visual balance to the card.  This visual balance, which pleases the eye even if we don't realize it, is why I have problems with round shapes (such as flowers) and triangles (such as Christmas trees).  Once I figured out this design truth, crafting cards like this became much less stressful.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment