Monday, March 11, 2013

Star of Thanks

Hello everyone,

This is one of my favourite card in the Crop 'thank you' series.


The printed papers are BasicGrey Hello Luscious.  The focal element is layered on Stampin' Up Very Vanilla and two green scraps of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Verve Amazing Wishes stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Very Vanilla and layered on another green scrap.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.  The embellishment is Crafts Pearl Halves.  The card is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

The last time I crafted this flower, there was a comment asking for the 'how-to'.  I never got around to posting the directions so I'm going to do it this time around.  Three contrasting papers are needed.  Cut two, 2 5/8" squares from one of the papers.  Glue the two squares together, offsetting them by 90 degrees, to make a star shape.  Cut four, 1 1/4" squares from each of the other papers for a total of eight squares.  Slightly offset each square, attach the 1 1/4" squares, alternating papers, to each corner of the star.  Add an embellishment to the center of the star to finish the center of the element.

Once you have the dimensions, this is a very easy element to recreate.  I love all the different greens in this card. They all work so beautifully with the creamy vanilla. As I keep looking at this lovely quilted flower, I realized I should have more of a contrasting paper to pop the quilted aspect better. It reminds me of a really old, well-loved quilt.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this card and thanks for the directions. Can't wait to try one. I learn so much from you. Keep 'em comin'. Sheila

    ReplyDelete