Sunday, April 28, 2013

Polka Dots A Plenty

Hello everyone,

I'm starting the girl series of cards today.  Expect lots of pretty over the next few days!


The printed paper is a vellum of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Whisper White and Recollections.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Wacky Wishes inked with Tombow markers, stamped on Whisper White and layered on Pixie Pink.  The ribbon is Offray Fun Dots and is layered on Whisper White.  The embellishments are a variety of My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots.

This card is so much fun! I'm in love with all these pretty circles.  The vellum was gifted to me from a girlfriend and I knew I would use it for this series.  It was an absolute fluke that I had ribbon that matched so perfectly.  The effect of the solid paper under the vellum is one that I've used on a previous card (it will post later this summer) and I find it very appealing.  This layout is not particularly inspired but because all the elements make this a really busy card, I didn't want to go too elaborate.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment