Thursday, July 25, 2013

Christmas Gifts

Hello everyone,

I had a couple of extra glittered images sitting on my desk and was struck with an idea after looking at them for a couple of weeks.


The card base is Artois Klondike.  The images are Peel-Offs Christmas Trees 2 glittered with Classic Red Glamour Glitter, Martha Stewart Smoky Quartz glitter, and Crystal Glitter Ritz Cool Highlight.  The images are affixed to an ornament punched from Recollections silver foil.  The sentiment is Penny Black A Wonderful Christmas stamped on Stampin' Up Whisper White in Versafine Onyx Black, heat embossed with Close To My Heart silver pearl embossing powder and layered on Recollections gold foil.

I just think this is an awesome Christmas card.  I love how these three, tiny, glittered gifts have such an impact.  Using this small cluster of images really allowed the use of this big sentiment stamp.  So nicely balanced.  I don't think I've ever really purposely combine gold and silver but I really wanted to use this ornament and the outline stickers were gold so I just ran with it and it worked!  I don't think I'll hesitate to do it again .

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment