Thursday, September 19, 2013

Snowflake Shimmer

Hello everyone,

The next few cards, part of the thank you gift I crafted for a friend, are Christmas cards.  I couldn't give her a gift of cards without including my favourite, Christmas cards.  Her love of glitter, sparkle and colour really allowed me to go a little on the wilder side.  Enjoy!  It doesn't happen often!
 

The printed paper is TPC Studio layered on Recollections and Canson Stygian Black.  The images are Stampin' Up Serene Snowflakes stamped in Melon Mambo and Versafine Onyx Black on Whisper White and heat embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl.  The sentiment is Serendipity.  The embellishments are Recollections Glitter Adhesive Dots.

Who knew pink and black could make such an awesome Christmas card.  I've used this paper before but it is really distinctive and is not for everyone.  This is certainly a favourite layout of mine - I like the symmetry - but it doesn't feel old and tired.  I love the bold sentiment from Serendipity.  With these bold graphics and colours, I had to use a strong sentiment.  I think this could well be one of my best cards in this series.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment