Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What To Do, What To Do

Hello everyone,

Yesterday was my husband's birthday and this is the card I crafted for him. It is not my usual. I'm out of town and while I thought I'd make it home for his big day, it just didn't work out like I'd hoped. I didn't have time to craft his card before I left so I decided to see what I could do while I'm on the road without any supplies at all. Most people need a drug or grocery store when they are away, I need a Michael's!


The printed papers are Recollections cardstock and Green Faux Canvas.  The sentiment is a Me & My Big Ideas Soft Spoken sticker affixed to the back of a piece of the blue background paper and layered on the right side of the background paper.  The images are Momenta Stickers.  The ribbon is Recollections.

I have no cutter, no stamps, no ink, no Big Shot, dies or embossing folders.  This is still a mighty fine card!  I knew without a cutter I wouldn't get straight lines so I decided to use a straight edge and tear.  Those who know me will understand that this makes me cringe in the worst possible way.  I like things all neat and tidy.  I found this great ribbon in the bargain bin for 79 cents!  All the leftovers, I can use on other cards once I'm home again.  I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself.  I know my husband will miss me not being there for his birthday but he'll know that I was thinking of him and that I love him dearly!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment