Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Birthday Butterfly

Hello everyone,

In my quest to use up the surplus envelopes in my supply stash and in contrast to the last two cards posted, I've crafted a couple of cards using the smallest envelopes I have on hand.  In addition to these two envelopes, I've also decided to try to use up some of the paper scraps I've had in my bin forever.  It will be interesting to see what I can accomplish.


The card base is Bazzill Basics.  The printed papers are of unknown origin.  The butterfly is an EK Success punch.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages stamped in Stampin' Up Always Artichoke on Bazzill Basics.  The embellishments are Doodlebug Spring Assortment Mini Pearls.

The envelope for this card is 5 5/8" x 3 1/2".  I decided to keep this card pretty simple, using only four elements.  I held back because this pretty background paper could have easily been filled with bling.  More would not necessarily have been better with such a small card.  I love this butterfly!  It also works wonderfully with the background paper.  If I'm not mistaken, both are from the same pad which was gifted to me, without a coverpage, ages ago.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment