Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pretty Purple Poppies

Hello everyone,

Today's scrap paper has the purple and green colour combination that I find irresistible.


The card base is Bazzill.  The printed paper, of unknown origin, is layered on Stampin' Up Wisteria Wonders and Sage Shadow.  The image, Eccentric Images Poppy Longstocking, is stamped on Bazzill in Sage Shadow and coloured with Stampin' Up Pastels.  The sentiment is Stampabilities Happy Birthday 01 also stamped in Sage Shadow and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Bitty Pearl Opaques.

I was so happy with yesterday's rose card that when I found this poppy paper, I decided to see if I could repeat.  I actually think the poppies are nicer than the roses.  I also find it somewhat shocking that for someone who doesn't really colour all that often, I had both a poppy and a rose stop that coordinated so perfectly with scrap paper.  What on earth does that say about my stash?

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment