Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Vintage Holly

Hello everyone,

Today's card is the second 9 1/4" x 4" card.  I just had to try something vintage Christmas.


The card base is Bazzill.  The printed paper is K & Company Susan Winget Glad Tidings Cardinal and Holly layered on Bazzill and American Crafts Crimson.  The sentiment is Annabelle Stamps Holly Branch stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Very Vanilla.  The image is Stampin' Up Watercolor Winter stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, and Tombow 177 and 856.  The embellishments are ZVA Self Adhesive Embelllishments.

Ever since I crafted this Poinsettia card, I've been dying to use the holly from the same set and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.  The black outline of the stamp works well with the black background of the printed paper.  I though it would be a challenge to use two colours for the second layer of the stamp but once I pulled out the markers, it couldn't have worked better.  I did use my stamp positioner for the second layer of stamp, I like the results so much better than doing it by eye.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle



No comments:

Post a Comment