Monday, November 18, 2013

Modern Trees

Hello everyone,

Now that I've completed the series of nieces and nephew cards for my sister and father-in-law, I'm on to another commission. One of my colleagues has requested six Christmas cards with no sentiments.  A challenge that is stretching my weak mojo.
 

The printed paper is Echo Park Paper Company Holly Jolly Christmas layered on DCWV.  The image is Bonnidee Layering Trees stamped in Stampin' Up Ruby Red and Wild Wasabi on Whisper White and layered on more DCWV.  The card is highlighted with Star Dust Stickles.

Not only did my colleague request no sentiments but as these cards will be mailed, she didn't want much by way of thickness.  When she first made this commission, I thought this would be a great project; I didn't reckon on the creative challenge.  This particular card took three tries before I managed a result that I found pleasing.  I thank goodness for Stickles and Gelly Roll pens which lend to wonderful embellishments without any thickness. 

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment