Monday, January 20, 2014

March Crop Card

Hello everyone,

A girlfriend and I organize a fundraising crop every year.  As part of the crop, we offer a beginners class for anyone who has an interest in papercrafting but no idea where to start.  My job is to teach the beginners group.  Over the course of the day, they'll make twelve cards, one for each month of the year.  Today's card is a masculine birthday card.


The printed paper is Stampin' Up Comfort Cafe layered on Midnight Muse and Summer Starfruit.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Happy Birthday stamped in Night Of Navy on Recollections Vanilla.  The brads are of unknown origin.

I am starting with the card for March because I'd already picked out this paper for this great masculine card.  I love getting the chevrons without having to buy a stamp.  I also thought placing the brads on the diagonal was inspired as it rather goes with the diagonals of the paper. 

I thought I'd start out with easier cards and to more involved cards.  I want to build up their confidence and not freak them out.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment