Sunday, April 27, 2014

So Sorry

Hello everyone,

I go through more sympathy cards than any other so this card was crafted to augment my stash.


The printed paper is K&Co Brenda Walton layered on Stampin' Up Going Grey that was trimmed with a Stampin' Up Edgelits die.  The image is Hero Arts French Writing with Butterfly stamped in Close To My Heart Slate ink on Very Vanilla and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is Gina K Fanciful Tage also stamped in Slate on Very Vanilla.  The ribbon is Michael's Special Value.  The embellishments are Prima Say It With Pearls.

This card took forever to come together.  I didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted to do so it seemed haphazard from the get go.  I'm not certain if I did the right thing with all the embellishments.  I feel I should have kept going by adding them to all the curves on the edge.  This pearls are actually a shape that I've cut apart in order to use the individual pearls.  They are very, very tiny, making them hard to use but work so well with the colours in the card, it was worth the effort.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. This card is very soft and soothing. I like all your pearl embellishments. They add a bit of impact but don't take over the card.

    ReplyDelete