Sunday, May 18, 2014

Boldly Butterflied

Hello everyone,

Today's redesigned card was originally posted on March 24, 2011.


The redesign was very simple.  I added a Marianne Design Collectable butterfly stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Bitty Sparkles.


I believe the reason this card has been sitting in my stash for three years is because of the colour and the sentiment location.  I crafted four cards, virtually the same except for colour and sentiment, and this is the only one I still have.  With the busy background and the peachy colour, I think the sentiment just got lost.  I am hoping that adding this intricate black butterfly will better ground the sentiment.  This is not my favourite colour but I don't hate it either.  It works well with the black and white.  This great butterfly just makes it better.

I hope you enjoy this redo and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment