Thursday, May 15, 2014

More For Mother

Hello everyone,

The original card was posted on May 12, 2010.


I wasn't completely unhappy with the original card but after four years there was a reason it was still in the stash.  I think it was because the Taken With Teal butterfly and black sentiment were too stark and harsh.  The refashioned card uses a Marianne Design Collectable stamped in Stampin' Up Whisper White with Faber-Castell markers and Basic Grey, heat embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The butterfly was layered on Recollections and a origami paper of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Kaisercraft Occasions stamped in Basic Grey on Recollections and heat embossed with more Silver Pearl.  The embellishments are Doodlebug Baby Girl and Baby Boy Assortment mini pearls.


I don't think I really improved this card.  The Recollections layer under the butterfly is still to harsh but my choices were limited because of the challenge to hide that black sentiment.  I also think the pearls should have been clear sparkles which would have complimented the sheen in the ribbon and the Sakura coloured spaces on the butterfly.  There is just too much going on in this redo so instead of putting in back in the stash, I'm going to send it to my mother-in-law (sorry Barb).

I hope you enjoy this redo, more as a what not to do, and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment