Friday, May 9, 2014

Repeating Iris

Hello everyone,

I'm still working on cards for my stash.  Even though I'm lost without my list, I know that I wanted to add cards without any sentiments.


The printed paper is Momenta Denise Urban textured cardstock layered on Stampin' Up Wisteria Wonder.  The image is Gina K Garden Silhouettes stamped in Tombow 679, 098, 623, and 636 on Recollections Vanilla.  The ribbons are Multicrafts and Craftsmart.

I've not done a repeating card like this in a long time.  I like the repeats in this layout because it really lends itself to not using a sentiment.  I think this is the first time I've coloured a Gina K stamp.  I've found that some red rubber stamps don't take well to being coloured but that certainly wasn't the case with these stamps.  I did use Versamark first, just in case, but I really didn't need to.  I probably could have added some embellishments but in the end, these iris are so striking I felt that less, was way more.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle


No comments:

Post a Comment