Thursday, July 3, 2014

Chalked Christmas

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas card is a chalked fooler card.


The printed paper is Little Yellow Bicycle Making Merry layered on Stampin' Up Ridinghood Red.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Christmas Messages stamped in Basic Grey on Whisper White, highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen and layered on more Ridinghood Red.  The ribbon is Dashes, Dots & Checks.  The embellishment is Jolee's Boutique.

I call this a fooler card because it looks like a chalkboard but it's not.  I love the look but have no interest at all in applying the technique on my cards.  I just don't get how the chalk doesn't smudge.  Like yesterday's card, this paper has a great scale for cards, that's the beauty of the 6x6 paper pads.  I love the pop from the ribbon and adding the holly die cut was inspired by the little image in the top left corner.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment