Thursday, July 31, 2014

Holly Jolly Greetings

Hello everyone,

I can't believe today is the last 'Christmas In July' post.  This month has gone by so very, very quickly.  Many of you are aware of my love for crafting Christmas cards so while I'll be taking a break for the next few weeks to post some commission and non-Christmas cards, it won't be long before the Christmas supplies draw me back in.


The printed paper is BasicGrey Aspen Frost layered on Stampin' Up Early Espresso.  The sentiment is Penny Black Christmas Wishes stamped in Early Espresso on Recollections Vanilla.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.  The embellishment is an American Crafts Mini Glitter brad.

More leftover Christmas paper from my stash.  Before I spend any more on new Christmas papers, I've decided to make a concerted effort to use up some leftover pieces.  I could seriously use the space.  This is very busy paper so I didn't see the need to add any type of image.  I think the ribbon and brad really anchor the sentiment banner.  I used a square punch to 'banner' the right edge of the paper as I don't have a banner punch or suitable die.  It's actually a really easy way to make a banner.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment