Monday, October 6, 2014

About Advent

Hello everyone,

I've been working on Christmas cards for the past few weeks.  These are cards that I don't generally post because I sell them at a local Christmas store 'Tinseltown Christmas Emporium'.  That being said, sometimes I don't like the results or I have to 'cover up'.  My next couple of cards are reworked cards that I'll put in the Fall charity card sale at work.


The image and sentiment are Penny Black Christmas Wishes stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Stampin' Up Whisper White and layered on Lovely Lilac.  The image is painted with LuminArte Buttercup, Ice, Douglas Fir, Poppy Red, Wisteria, Mango Mama and Golden Opal Twinkling H2Os.  The embellishments are Eyelet Outlet Purple Enamel Dots and EK Success Shimmering Silver Dots.

It's not that I don't like this Christmas card, it's just that it's too purple.  I was thinking Advent when I painted the candle and I'm just not feeling the purple.  I also think the sentiment in no way evokes advent.  Though I tried to coordinate everything 'purple', it didn't seem to help at all.  We'll just have to see what happens at the card sale.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment