Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Autumn Maple Leaves

Hello everyone,

I'm switching things up a little bit.  Today's card was commissioned for a colleague.


The leaves are Spellbinders Nested Maple Leave cut from Ranger Alcohol inked glossy paper.  The vertical strip was sponged with a variety of Stampin' Up inks.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Sweet Essentials stamped in Early Espresso.  The embellishments are Doodlebug mini pearls.

My colleague asked for a Canadian Fall inspired card so I thought it was the perfect excuse to pull out the alcohol ink.  I forgot to write down the particular inks, both alcohol and pads, so I can't give you those particulars.  They were all autumn inspired.  I also used gold and copper mixative on the leaves to add just that tiny bit of shimmer.  I really love using alcohol ink and find I just don't 'play' with them enough.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment