Sunday, October 5, 2014

Best With Books

Hello everyone,

Today's card is another commission.


The printed paper is BasicGrey Oxford layered on DCWV Silky Smooth Stack.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Best Wishes stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Stampin' Up Very Vanilla and layered on more DCWV Silky Smooth.  The embellishment/brad is of unknown origin.

The Chief Librarian at work is moving on to another position and I was asked to craft her a special card.  Nothing could work better for this card than this piece of BasicGrey!  All those books!  I knew I'd use this piece of paper from the moment I was asked to make this card.  Given how busy the rows of books are, I decided to keep the rest of the card on the simple side.  I offset the sentiment and the embellishment so they wouldn't get lost against the paper.  I originally added a ribbon to this card but it was actually too much.  Sometimes, less is more, a mantra I'm always telling myself and when I actually listen to myself, I'm generally quite pleased with the results.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment: