Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Flowers of Happiness

Hello everyone,

I recently picked up some new two-step stamps and decided that I should probably try practicing with them a little bit as they are a tad more complex than my others.


The printed paper is Kaisercraft Pink Gelato Collection Pink Grapefruit layered on Stampin' Up Pale Plum.  The images are Altenew Painted Flowers Stamped in Close To My Heart Blush and Whisper, and Stampin' Up Pear Pizzazz, River Rock, and Pale Plum on Whisper White.  The sentiment is Avery Elle So Happy stamped in Whisper and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.  The embellishments are EK Success Valentine Dots.

When I look at this finished card, I think I was over-thinking the process.  It's not suppose to be so hard you get stressed.  I was so concerned about picking the right colours and matching everything up that I made three attempts before I realized that you don't need to be quite so precise with these particular flowers.  This card worked great once I stopped worrying about it so much.  I will admit that I could have selected better ink colours for the leaves because they look a little like zebra stripes but I can and will live with it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment