Saturday, February 28, 2015

Retirement Grunge

Hello everyone,

Today's masculine retirement card couldn't be more different from yesterday's pretty vintage version.


The printed paper is BasicGrey Sublime layered on Stampin' Up Early Espresso and a vanilla of unknown origin.  The image is Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge stamped in Stampin' Up River Rock, Soft Suede, and Close To My Heart Whisper on more vanilla of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Early Espresso on vanilla.  The embellishments are Fabricland.

Grunge is not my go-to style but the more I play with this set, the more I like it!  These background images are pretty subtle but pack a punch.  I originally stamped the sentiment on the grunge images but there wasn't enough contrast.  I probably could have also layered the image element with some more Early Espresso but I'd already adhered it when the thought crossed my mind.  I think this is a great masculine card, no fuss, no frills.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment