Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Six-Sided CASE

Hello everyone,

I was having a hard time coming up with a design that would work for the beginners group tonight so I turned to Pinterest for inspiration and found this card to CASE.  I figured it would be a great way to introduce the ladies to a coordinating stamp and punch.


The images are Stampin' Up Six-Sided Sampler stamped in Elegant Eggplant on Recollections White.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Whimsical Words stamped in Elegant Eggplant on Recollections White and layered on more Elegant Eggplant.  The vertical strip is Elegant Eggplant punched with an EK Success Retro Flowers border punch.  The embellishments are Dollarama Glittering Stickers.  The card is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

I chose this particular stamp and punch set because it has a number of different stamp options so the ladies can choose the images that appeal.  I followed the inspiration card pretty closely but this layout actually allows for a variety of options so the ladies can be as creative as they'd like.  The hexagons could go in horizontal or vertical rows.  The sentiment could be place on the card base instead of the square element.  I used a border punch instead of a banner to add interest to the vertical element.  I also did this because I used banners in an earlier card and didn't really want to repeat it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle


1 comment:

  1. Oh this is a nice card. I like that it is just two colors but still has a lot happening with it.

    ReplyDelete