Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Butterfly Blues

Hello everyone,

It seemed appropriate to play with some of my butterfly dies while I was alcohol inking and glittering.  The results just got better and better.


The printed paper is BasicGrey Out Of Print layered on Recollections Vanilla and Stampin' Up Baja Breeze.  The butterfly is Marianne Design COL1319 die cut  from alcohol inked glossy paper glittered with DecoArt Glamour Dust and stamped with StazOn Midnight Blue ink.  The sentiment is Avery Elle Oh Happy Day stamped in StazOn Midnight Blue on Vanilla, and layered on Baja Breeze and more Vanilla.  The embellishments are Doodlebug Baby Boy mini pearls.

These blues work together so much better than yesterday's.  I had planned to craft two different cards with these butterflies but when I started working on the layout, I liked the two together.  Like yesterday's card, I wasn't originally planning to add any embellishments but these pearls work beautifully with the card colours.  I suppose gems would have worked just as well.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment