Monday, April 13, 2015

Butterfly Blues

Hello everyone,

If I'm going to play with my stash of butterflies, I decided to pull out some stamps that I've not played with in some time.


The background layers are Ranger alcohol-inked glossy paper layered on Stampin' Up Marina Mist.  The image is Technique Tuesday Boho Buzz stamped in Marina Mist on Recollections White and layered on more Marina Mist and Recollections White.  The butterfly is highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Happy Birthday stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishments are Doodlebug Baby Boy Assortment mini pearls.

Can you believe this background paper!  This is why I can't seem to stop.  I could have easily made this a sympathy or get well card.  The really soft blue background and relatively simple butterfly image would lend to just about any type of card.  I thought about stamping right on the background but decided instead to use a focal layer so it would really pop.  I love this card!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment