Thursday, April 9, 2015

Fabulous Feathers

Hello everyone,

I so loved the feather thank you card from this post that I decided to try it with some of the alcohol inked paper that I'm so enamored with at the moment.


The images are Stampin' Up Four Feathers stamped in Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette and Pool Part on Whisper White and die cut with Sizzix Feathers Framelits.  The background is Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper layered on Pink Pirouette and Certainly Celery.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Best Wishes stamped in StazOn Timber Brown.  The embellishment is a chipboard button of unknown origin.

This layout is virtually identical to my earlier feathers card but it really works and I love it.  I do love these feathers but I'll have to explore more ways to use them or the cards I craft with them are going to get really boring.  I like the paler colours of this particular piece of alcohol inked paper.  It is such a contrast from yesterday's card.  Once again I debated using a brad but when I spied this chipboard button, I knew I'd found the right embellishment.  I used a dimensional to adhere the button because the knot from the twine force me to - I couldn't use a naked button!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment