Monday, June 22, 2015

Natural Masculine Birthday

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a birthday card for a friend.  One of his favourite places is the cottage so I decided to craft him a card which was all natural.


The images are Gina K Follow Your Dreams stamped in a variety of Stampin' Up watercolor crayons on Recollections Vanilla and layered on My Mind's Eye Trés Jolie "Out Out" and Chocolate Chip.  The sentiment was stamped in Close To My Heart Whisper ink.  The embellishments are Fabricland.

It is extremely rare for me to stamp scenes but I decided to brave it and see what happened.  I applied the watercolour crayons to the rubber stamps and spritzed them with water before stamping the impression.  I find this technique more forgiving than stamped scenes with ink or, heaven forbid, colouring.  This card turned out exceptionally well.  I know our friend will love it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment