Monday, June 15, 2015

Simply Classic

Hello everyone,

Another extremely simple charity Christmas card today.


The textured card base is DCWV.  The image is Impression Obsession stamped in Close To My Heart Ponderosa Pine on Bazzill white and layered on more Ponderosa Pine.  The berries were coloured with Tombow 847 and highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The banners were die cut with Sizzix Banners Framelits from a brushed silver of unknown origin.  The embellishments are EK Success Swarovski Elements.

I especially enjoy crafting vintage style Christmas card so I've got a pretty decent stash of stamps in that particular theme.  I hadn't originally planned to colour the berries but decided the pop of colour would add to the interest of the card.  In this case, the Wink of Stella doesn't add the glitter that I'd hoped and in hindsight, I probably should have used my Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  I chose red embellishments because they speak perfectly with the red berries.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle


No comments:

Post a Comment