Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Holiday Post

Hello everyone,

With my mojo cleansed and my mind on Monday's spectacular card and being so pleased with yesterday's card, I was inspired to CASE myself.


The printed paper is Carta Bella So This Is Christmas layered on a brushed silver of unknown origin.  The image is Impression Obsession stamped in Stampin' Up Lost Lagoon on Whisper White, smudged with Illuminate ink and layered on Lost Lagoon.  The banners were die cut with Sizzix Banners Framelits in a silver of unknown origin and more Lost Lagoon.  The embellishments are Recollections rhinestone stickers.

I think I cased my last couple of card quite well in this instance.  The colours and the image recall the last two cards wonderfully.  I first attempted to age the image by pouncing with colour but it just looked terrible. This is my second attempt and using the Illuminate ink was the right call.  It's watermark properties adds the age I was looking for with the added bonus of some very subtle shimmer.  I love the banners and am kicking myself for waiting so long to add them to my stash.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment