Monday, July 27, 2015

Holly, Holly, Holly

Hello everyone,

Today Christmas card worked so much better in my head than in reality.


The printed paper is Simple Stories Handmade Holiday layered on December Documented.  The holly sprigs were die cut with Memory Box Holly Bouquet die in green Bazzill.  The berries were filled with Xmas Red Stickles.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Very Merry Christmas stamped in Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler on Recollections Vanilla.

I really wanted to do a row of this holly along the bottom edge of the card but it just wouldn't fit.  I always try to use the 'odd number' practice so I was determined to find a way to get these three die cuts on this card.  I didn't get the angled die cuts even and by the time I realized how off I was, it was too late.  Even if I hadn't been so stubborn and stuck to using just one of the die cuts, it would have been better. I actually think maybe I should have put them aside altogether.  Against this paper, they rather remind me of spiderwebs, not holly.  I had hoped that using the Stickles to fill in the berries would make it look better, but it doesn't really.  Some times, it just doesn't work.  I really hope it doesn't turn me off of this die because it really is lovely.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment