Thursday, July 9, 2015

In All Holliness

Hello everyone,

As this month's Christmas In July series are cards for my own use, it was inevitable that there would be some holly cards.


The images are Heartfelt Creations Elegant Holly Swirls stamped in Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow on Recollections White, painted with Ruby Red and Forest Green LuminArte Twinkling H2Os, and layered on Mossy Meadow.  The images were clear heat embosssed before I started painted so the ink wouldn't run.  The sentiment is Stampendous Christmas Wishes stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White and layered on a shimmery red of unknown origin.  The embellishments are gold ZVA pearls.

Love, love, love this holly card!  You'd think these large images wouldn't be the right scale for a card but by stamping them off the paper and using one of the larger card bases, it works really well.  I only used three impressions as the eyes like odd numbers.  I really offset the sentiment because I didn't want to cover up too much of the holly images.  I should have flipped the images and placed the sentiment in the sweet spot (bottom right corner) but I honestly didn't think of it until I was writing this post.  Next time.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment