Thursday, July 30, 2015

Marker Play

Hello everyone,

I stopped by one of my local craft stores and picked up some new Tombow markers.  I'm really not good at colouring but am determined to keep trying.  Today's Christmas In July card is my latest attempt.


The image is Outlines Holly Leaves LG Topper stamped in StazOn Jet Black and coloured with Tombow 098, 757, 847, and 993, and highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The sentiment is My Favorite Things Merry & Bright also stamped in StazOn Jet Black.  The embellishments are Crafts Rhinestone Stickers.

A trick I've learned for those of us who can't colour, a littler glitter often makes everything better.  The initial results of my colouring were bloody awful.  I just don't understand why this is something I just can't seem to accomplish.  I was utterly disgusted with my attempt and figured since the card was already wrecked, why not add some Wink of Stella to see what would happen.  I have found that the Wink of Stella often makes ink bleed somewhat so experimenting on this image wasn't going to make it any worse.  In fact, the results were actually pretty amazing.  I actually wish I had a before photo.  The Wink of Stella blended the lines and left a very interesting look to the leaves along with a hint of glitter.  It didn't help with the shading but I can live with that.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment