Friday, July 17, 2015

Merry Little Mice

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas card is all about fun!


The printed paper is October Afternoon Silent Night layered on Stampin' Up Ruby Red.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Christmas Message stamped in Ruby Red on Whisper White and layered on more Ruby Red.  The horizontal element is Martha Stewart Infinite Loops punched in Ruby Red.  The embellishments are EK Success Shimmering Silver Dots.

When I first decided it was time to do a super fun card, I thought this paper would be just the ticket.  These mice are so darn cute.  I thought it would be so easy but I was wrong.  It's all because these mice are not the right scale.  They are the right size but there is too much space in between them which makes placing the sentiment and the infinite ribbon a real challenge.  To top it all, the colours were so hard to coordinate.  You'd think with all the shades of blue in my paper stash, I'd have one that would work with this paper.  Not so.  I really wanted to use something besides red but nothing I tried worked.  All that said, the red does look great and the card turned out pretty darn cute.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment