Friday, July 31, 2015

Retro Wreath

Hello everyone,

It's the last day of July and I'm posting my last Christmas card.


The printed paper is BoBunny Mistletoe Boxes layered on a red and green of unknown origin.  The image is die cut Stampin' Up Wonderous Wreath stamped in Wild Wasabi, Close To My Heart Tulip and Tsukineko Pearlescent Thyme, on Whisper White.  The sentiment is also Stampin' Up Wonderous Wreath stamped in Wild Wasabi on Whisper White and layered on more green of unknown origin.

I'm particularly pleased with today's card.  I like the traditional image against these retro squares.  I picked up this sheet of paper because the reds and greens will work for virtually any traditional Christmas card.  I wish there were an easier way to cut the image with the coordinating die.  I can't seem to match it up so the leaves are cut off.  I chose to use two different green inks, one of them the pearlescent because it adds a tiny bit of shimmer and interest to an already cool image.  I'm really happy that I decided to buy this image after all.  I had debated because I have as many issues with wreathes as I do with trees.  The die cut in this case makes all the difference.  You'd think, for someone who enjoys crafting Christmas cards as much as I do, neither wreaths, nor trees, would be issues.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment